I believed and I felt. I felt and I knew. I knew and I saw.
~ myself

Friday, January 21, 2011

Playtime

"Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play."
~Heraclitus

A.Rogers Jan.2011

On Monday, I watched Bub at the hospital for much of the day. I called my mom and asked her to bring his Duplo blocks because he had nothing to play with. Luckily, we were the only ones there so it didn't matter that he dumped them all out and threw them all over the place. I love building with him and by playing his blocks we have started to teach him his colors. He is so smart!

I am so grateful for the time the Lord gives us to play. The happiest people I have ever met are those who seek balance in their lives: the satisfaction of an honest day of hard work deserves the pleasure of a few hours of play. The Lord wants us to be happy and balanced- not tired, cranky, and overwhelmed.

I love this picture and the look of determination on "The Bub's" face. I also love the way the sun is pouring in through the windows late in the afternoon. What a wonderful memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment