I believed and I felt. I felt and I knew. I knew and I saw.
~ myself

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Grateful Grandmas

"What children need most are the essentials that grandparents provide in abundance.  They give unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, lessons in life.  And, most importantly, cookies."
~Rudolph Giuliani

"Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do.  Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children."
~Alex Haley
 


Over the past year and a half, since my nephew was born, I have noticed the family become much more connected. It has been a miracle. Nothing can bring a family together in love and unity like the sweet spirit of a little one. I am excited to see what little Lauren does for all of us. 

Here are a couple pictures of her enamored grandmas.

 A.Rogers Jan. 2011

A few weeks before Christmas, my grandmother, also known as "Mimi" to Jude and Lauren, got really sick with a kidney infection that went septic. Had we not had a family dinner planned one evening and planned on picking her up, we probably wouldn't have her here today. She spent some time in the hospital, and in the rehabilitation facility across the street from the hospital, and then came home on Christmas Eve. We have felt so blessed for this tender mercy of the Lord, and she is so grateful that she is here to spend some precious time with her first great granddaughter!

 
A.Rogers Jan. 2011

Mom has waited for a while to become a grandmother, and really has enjoyed little Jude, and now she is completely smitten in love with Lauren. The first granddaughter. She's ready to spoil with love!

No comments:

Post a Comment