I believed and I felt. I felt and I knew. I knew and I saw.
~ myself

Monday, January 24, 2011

A Grove of my Own (ObG#7)

"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him" ~James 1:5

"Arise, and get thee into the mountain. And it came to pass that I arose and went up into the mountain, and cried unto the Lord." ~1 Nephi 17:7


A.Rogers June2008

Picture given soft glow effect using HP Image Zone.

Something about being in a secluded, spot all your own, among nothing but God's creations- especially in the mountains, is miraculous because the windows of heaven open just the slightest bit and you can have the blessing of enlightenment. I think this is why, in the Scriptures, people always went up to "exceedingly high mountains" and wisdom was gained or imparted. I also think this is why one name for the temple is "The Mountain of the Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment