I believed and I felt. I felt and I knew. I knew and I saw.
~ myself

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Paul Bunyan's Ax? Yeah right! (ObG#4)

"The glories and beauties of form, color, and sound unite in the Grand Canyon- forms unrivaled even by the mountains, colors that vie with sunsets, and sounds that span the diapason from tempest to tinkling raindrop, from cataract to bubbling fountain."
~ John Wesley Powell

 Back in November, my mother, my sister, Kelly, and I decided to take a day trip to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. What an overwhelming sight. We went to Bright Angel Point/Grand Canyon Lodge (the lodge was already closed for the season) and then drove up to Imperial Point, the highest point of the canyon. I enjoyed Bright Angel Point because I have read the story of Brighty of the Grand Canyon by Marguerite Henry to my class before and I love it. We enjoyed a picnic lunch at the entrance to the canyon, and what a wonderful time to go. The aspens were the most amazing gold, the weather was perfect,the tourists were gone, and there was a storm on the horizon. I took over a hundred pictures, but these were a few of my favorites. Maybe I will share some more in future posts.



A.Rogers Nov.2010
Standing on the rim and looking around, I could just imagine a little donkey heading back down into the warmth of the deep canyon from a small ranch in the Kaibab Forest just before the snows start to fall.
A.Rogers Nov.2010

A.Rogers Nov.2010
I love the storm on the horizon. This is such an amazing image and I am grateful to have this picture to remember it.
A.Rogers Nov.2010

No comments:

Post a Comment