I believed and I felt. I felt and I knew. I knew and I saw.
~ myself

Thursday, January 27, 2011

All the pretty little ponies (ObG#10)

A.Rogers July2008

This must be "Oldie but Goodie" week, right? You bet! This week has been nothing but stress, stress, stress, and more stress, which leaves no time to use my camera. Here it is 6:38pm, and I am still at the school. I want to go see my sister, nephew, and niece (who I have not seen since last Tuesday when she came home).

I took this picture a couple of summers ago when I was a leader at the church's Girl's Camp on Cedar Mountain. He was the sweetest pony, and I had a great time riding him. I turned it into a litho and absolutely LOVE it!

When I was small, I was a what you could call a true "cowgirl." I loved horses, which love I inherited from my dad. I had my own horse, named Pro, and I remember days when I would come home from school and head straight to the backyard corral to talk to him. I would put my nose to his and look into his eyes and brush my fingers through his mane. I still love them and would love to have one of my own again someday. I think horses are great for children, and can be very therapeutic for special needs children. The picture below is a little girl with Down's Syndrome, who was being led around on another one of the horses. She was in heaven and her smile stretched across her face. I was amazed at the gentleness of the horse with her. It is so amazing how animals can connect with us. Dad used to tell me, "Just relax, cause if your nervous and scared, the horse will know, and will be too." That connection is a miracle in itself.

A.Rogers July2008

A.Rogers July2008

2 comments:

  1. Every little girl loves horses, I love the top shot! Awesomeness! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true. I always try to find good books about horses for my classroom because the girls like them so much.

    ReplyDelete