I believed and I felt. I felt and I knew. I knew and I saw.
~ myself

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Time is ticking

A.Rogers Mar. 2011

I am grateful for the blessing of time. Eternity is a long time when you think about it. I try not to. When I was little, I would think about the concept of eternity until my brain would literally hurt. I am glad that we have time here on earth, but it is both a blessing and a burden. I am so grateful for the 3:30 bell after a crazy day. I am so grateful for the moment when I can say after an exhausting day, "Okay, it's time for bed." However lately, I have felt pressed for time more than I would like. With all the things that have time limits it can get overwhelming. This week we have parent teacher conferences which allows for no time after school to do any work. I am overwhelmed with science fair prep and have been using part of my lunch to talk to kids throughout the school. This has led me to not have time to eat. Parent teacher conferences have been back to back for five hours every day. If one person is late, it sets us off time for the rest of the evening. If one goes too long, it sets us off too. In a spiritual sense, time is a burden. You never know when your time is up here. You need to be ready at any moment to meet Him. I know that I am not now and I hope that he will not call me due before I am. I hope that I can use my time wisely and not waste a moment. Time truly is so precious!

1 comment: