I believed and I felt. I felt and I knew. I knew and I saw.
~ myself

Saturday, March 26, 2011

An image of hope ObG#21

"Repentance may begin instantly,  but reformation may take a sphere of years."
~ Henry Ward Beecher


A.Rogers 2009

I love this picture and I love the way the huge piece of bark is hanging from the tree. It inspires a beautiful image within my mind of repentance, of shedding our old skin and revealing the tender, new skin beneath. It is easy to see the missing bark and to see that the new bark has not yet formed. Yet, the time will come when there will be no visible difference; when the tree has completely healed. I think that is the way it is with repentance. We may expect to feel better and whole and healed right away, but all we really should expect to feel immediately is the love and peace that our burden has been lifted, and the renewed hope that one day, we will no longer feel the painful effects we left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment