I believed and I felt. I felt and I knew. I knew and I saw.
~ myself

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Happy birfday!

A.Rogers Mar.2011

March 20th is not only the first day of spring, but it is also the day my mother celebrates her birthday! I am so grateful for my "angel mother" and for all she has taught me. Here are 59 amazing things about my mom.

1. Her beautiful blue eyes.
2. She loves me even when I am not so lovable.
3. Her faith.
4. Her strength to get through hard times.
5. Her belief in her children.
6. The way she sings so beautifully.
7. Her comfort in living simply.
8. Watching her with her grandbabies.
9. She smells good.
10. Her bed is more comfy.
11. She can do that funny thing with her eye.
12. She knows what makes her kids tick...
13. Like when she made those cupcakes last year for me that were an awesome version of "Starry Night."
14. She makes awesome tacos.
15. She is a hard worker.
16. She has a fiery testimony.
17. She has never doubted her children when it mattered.
18. She pushes me to do the things she knows are important.
19. She taught us correct principles.
20. She has more strength than she knows.
21. She likes good music, not old people stuff (she went to a Bon Jovi concert with my sister yesterday!)
22. She fights for her kids when everyone else has given up.
23. She makes her bed every day.
24. She never talked bad about my dad in front of me...
25. She let me discover the truth about things on my own without trying to sway me.
26. She likes to play in the dirt.
27. She likes icky things like worms.
28. She likes to try new hobbies.
29. She is willing to go camping.
30. She likes the things I draw.
31. She supports me in karate, and came to every tournament, and several belt tests.
32. She always shared her coke when we were little, even though we would drink the whole thing.
33. She woke up at 4:00 in the morning to drive us to St.George to meet our dad,then turned around and drove back because she couldn't afford a hotel.
34. She took us to the beach, even when it was not a pretty day.
35. She gave me the love of the Beatles.
36. She raised us in Southern California.
37. She always tried to find fun things to do.
38. She is beautiful.
39. She is talented.
40. She is a good teacher.
41. She took me to soccer and basketball games, even when she would rather be sleeping.
42. She is honest.
43. She draws faith from experiences.
44. She sings along with Lady Gaga, even when she doesn't know the right words.
45. She is silly, though she tries to hide it.
46. She reads her scriptures and prays.
47. She attends the temple.
48. She does service for others, she used to visit Helen (over 100 years old) weekly, until she finally passed away.
49. She cares about others.
50. She is friendly.
51. She is smart.
52. She likes to read.
53. She likes In N Out as much as I do.
54. She appreciates my love of things, even if she doesn't feel the same way.
55. She always knows what gifts I would like.
56. She doesn't sway in her beliefs.
57. She never gives up.
58. Po' man's lunch (Peanuts and coke)
59. Her version of "You are my sunshine" is unmatched and cheers me up no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment