I believed and I felt. I felt and I knew. I knew and I saw.
~ myself

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Believing is seeing, really!

A. Rogers Mar. 2011

Today, one of my students used his classmates for his science fair experiment. His question is, "Does believing in yourself, and visualizing success, really help you to succeed?" We had his karate instructor come and help him with this project. The kids came out, one by one, and tried to break a board. At first, he just told them to tap it three times and then break it. After a couple tries, he told them to close their eyes and visualize themselves going through the board. It was AMAZING to see the change in their faces, their confidence was visible, after they had visualized themselves succeeding. Only a few kids broke it on the first or second try, but everyone broke it! So, the moral of the story is....

"Whether you believe you can or you can't... you are right." ~ Henry Ford

A. Rogers Mar. 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment