I believed and I felt. I felt and I knew. I knew and I saw.
~ myself

Friday, February 18, 2011

A word from my hero about a mother's love

A.Rogers Feb. 2011

In honor of the Great Emancipator's birthday earlier this week, and President's Day on Monday, I thought it was a great opportunity to share this image. My mom and Erin found this framed stitching at Tai Pan a couple of years ago, and the story goes that they thought of me the moment they saw it. I guess I wear my heart on my sleeve because anyone who knows me knows how much I love my America, and my Lincoln! But the quote is one that pricks my heart every time I read it. There have been several times in my life that I have opened the door to my mother's room in the morning or evening to ask her a question, or just talk to her, and I have stepped back quietly to shut the door, because she was on her knees in prayer. I know she was praying for her children harder than anything because I have seen the worry on her face every time one of her children is in trouble, pain, or grief. I love my "angel mother" (another part of this quote) and I am so grateful that Heavenly Father sent me to her.

2 comments: