I believed and I felt. I felt and I knew. I knew and I saw.
~ myself

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Happiest Place on Earth! ObG #13


"We did it, Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster- closed and forgotten in the first year."
~ Walt Disney

"When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionably."
~ Walter Elias Disney


"Mickey Mouse popped out of my mind onto a drawing pad 
20 years ago on a train ride from Manhattan to Hollywood at a 
time when business fortunes of my brother Roy and myself 
were at lowest ebb and disaster seemed right around 
the corner."
~Walt 


"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
~Walt Disney


 
A.Rogers Dec. 2009
One of the special changes made at Christmastime is a holiday overhaul on several rides (Small World and The Haunted Mansion, are the two big ones). All the puppets are replaced and signs wishing blessed holiday greetings in many languages are put up. The puppets were absolutely beautiful! 

A.Rogers Dec. 2009
Grizzly River Run in California Adventure reminds me of everything Northern California. 
I am playing catch up right now, as I have not had a minute this week to blog. Shame on me, I know. I have been looking through old pictures, because it is going to have to be an "Oldie but Goodie" week. I came upon a treasure trove of beautiful Disneyland pictures from Christmas 2009. I love Disneyland, but especially at Christmas time. It seems even more magical. The special decorations and lights just ignite the spiritual feelings of childhood, celebration, and imagination more than normal. If you haven't had the chance to yet, I encourage you, with all my energy, to try to get to Disneyland at Christmastime! You will feel a little miracle rising up in you as you enter the gates and walk down Main Street, USA toward your adventure. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment