I believed and I felt. I felt and I knew. I knew and I saw.
~ myself

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Bub and his bear

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you."
~ Winnie the Pooh

"Pooh, promise me you won't forget about me, ever. 
Not even when I am a hundred."
Pooh thought for a little.
"How old shall I be then?"
"Ninety-nine."
Pooh nodded. "I promise," he said.
~Winnie the Pooh
The House at Pooh Corner

"Wherever they go, and whatever happens to them on the way, 
in that enchanted place on the top of the forest, a little boy and
his Bear will always be playing."
~From closing lines of The House at Pooh Corner

A.Rogers Dec.2010
contrast adjustment and soft edge

It has been horrendously cold around here this week, just as around the country, and I have not been able to take any pictures. I can hardly stand to walk to the car with the wind and the cold temperatures. Even though Punxsutawney Phil DID NOT see his shadow this morning, I am sure this weather is sure to last a while longer. At least that is what the forecast says. Therefore, I am putting in another fun Photoshop Express (fun, free app!) edit. I took this one a couple of months ago when my sister and I were cleaning up Lauren's bedroom in preparation for her arrival. The Bub was coming in and making sure to undo everything we were doing. Dumping out boxes of old CD's, digging out dolls and throwing them on the floor, and so on. He decided to claim this little teddy and his mother's response, "Is that YOUR teddy? You have so many teddies in your room! Lolo needs some teddies too." Well, as you can see, that attempt at persuasion did not do much good. He has a good grip on that teddy and it ain't goin' nowhere. I love how much comfort a teddy, a doll, a blankie, a binkie- simple things like this become our security. Even as adults, some of us (definitely me) tend to cling on to the special things of our childhood. I still have dolls, and even the baby blanket that Mom and Grandma made for me before I was born. Tattered and stained as it may be, it still has a special cool feel to it that warms me every time I hold it.

No comments:

Post a Comment