I believed and I felt. I felt and I knew. I knew and I saw.
~ myself

Monday, February 21, 2011

Glad it's not my job! ObG#12

 "Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
  

"I desire to conduct the affairs of this administration that if at the end I have lost every other friend on earth, I shall at least have one friend left, and that friend shall be down inside of me."


"I never had a policy; I have 
just tried to do my very best 
each and every day."


Abraham Lincoln

I took these pictures at Disneyland in the hallway of the "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln" theater. I am so glad they brought this attraction back! Such a spiritual moment to feel as though you are sitting there in an old theater listening to the great leader speak.

 A.Rogers Dec. 2009
 A.Rogers Dec. 2009
"A house divided against itself cannot stand."

A.Rogers Dec. 2009
I love the way this picture captures the stress and anguish and concern that Mr. Lincoln felt for his job and his country and his people. I love the way it makes him the focal point, yet he is so small. I am sure this is how he felt. The fate of the country was on his shoulders, yet he was only one man. I love him for his courage, his strength, his spirituality, his desire to seek God's will in the direction of the country and all things, and his firm stance on the things he knew were right.

No comments:

Post a Comment