I believed and I felt. I felt and I knew. I knew and I saw.
~ myself

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Perfect Panorama

A.Rogers Feb2011

I am so thrilled! I spent about an hour this morning up on the rocks at Pioneer Park. It is so amazing how you feel up on the top of the Dixie Rock. You're only about 100 feet up, I would say. Oh, I don't really know. I am not good at estimating like that, but anyhow, the feeling you can get up there on the top of the rock is one of pure amazement. You feel as if you could see the whole world, or at least all of Washington County from there, and it was a great morning to be there. The weather was beautiful, the lighting was perfect for catching the great glows and shadows that are foud there. I even got to snap a few shots of some rappellers. I took so many wonderful pictures, but as I was about to leave, I noticed what would be a perfect shot. The DIXIE white washed rock from above; an image I had never seen in picture form before. I have seen so many from across the street, but never from above.
What's more, when I was at Best Buy this afternoon, I picked up a simple editing program that looked like it would have many fun tools that I could use, which included a photo editing program, a photo painting program, a digital scrapbooking program, and a photo stitching program for panoramic pics. This program is the Corel Create It! collection. So when I got home, I installed all the programs and got to work. It really is pretty simple, but totally cool. I chose the five images that were pieces of the DIXIE rock and thought maybe I would have to do the aligning and dragging, but no! The program detected all the right connection points. How cool is that?!? The only thing I don't know how to do with this image is to straighten the borders, but I think it is kind of cool the way it is.
What a beautiful day!

1 comment: