I believed and I felt. I felt and I knew. I knew and I saw.
~ myself

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Touching the other side

I love the feeling I get when I am downtown in the historic area of St. George. I have always felt a feeling that I can not explain when I am in that area. It is the most wonderful feeling, almost like I can somehow connect with the spirits of those pioneering souls who built this beautiful town in the desert. After finding out that one of my father's ancestors not only came to settle St. George, but literally built much of the town with his own two hands (David Rogers helped build the temple, the Opera House, many homes, and the Tabernacle in 1871), I now believe I can understand what that feeling is. It is the spirit of Elijah testifying to me that those men and women built this town for me and I am here because of them.


A. Rogers May 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment