I believed and I felt. I felt and I knew. I knew and I saw.
~ myself

Friday, May 6, 2011

Ironman

A.Rogers May 2011

Tomorrow is the annual Ironman competition here in town! It is such an inspirational event. Many citizens of town get involved with volunteering at water stations, and such, just to have the opportunity to get up close and personal with the athletes and to cheer them on. It starts with a 2.4 mile swim at Sand Hollow Reservoir, then a 112 mile bike ride, topped off with a full Marathon! I can't believe these people can survive this! But the way the community gets involved is just as inspirational! As I was driving home today along the Marathon route, I saw these signs someone had posted all along the hill. Some were encouraging sayings like this, and others were encouraging messages to specific individuals. What a great idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment