I believed and I felt. I felt and I knew. I knew and I saw.
~ myself

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Getting ready for Mother's Day...Preparamos para dia de las madres

Posted by Picasa
A. Rogers May 2011

Yesterday, I was thinking, "What can we do today?" It was 8:30 am and, I hate to admit it, I had nothing ready for the day. Don't worry. I am really good at winging situations like this and we have plenty of things we have started working on recently that we could do, but with it being testing week, I wanted to think of some low key things to do that didn't require much stress. I was looking through my craft drawer and found a package of foamies the perfect size for picture frames, some puzzle pieces, and some aquarium rocks. That was it! I got my camera, we took pictures in front of the tree, I printed them out, and we were off! I think they turned out really cute. I also found a poem on the internet that translated really beautifully into Spanish, (although without the rhyme) and I cut, pasted, and laminated them last night. Today, I hot glued a piece of rope to the back and put the poem over it and wa la! We have a Mother's Day present!



Posted by Picasa
A. Rogers May 2011

For cards, I found a really cute idea on the internet. I didn't do the same project but I took the sign language "I love you" hand idea and went from there. We cut our hands out of foamies and then I hot glued the two middle fingers down and from there, they could write "I love you" in English, Spanish, or both and then use foamie shapes and decorate a card as they wished. Tomorrow, I think we will do one more Mother's Day activity and then we will be ready.

2 comments: