I believed and I felt. I felt and I knew. I knew and I saw.
~ myself

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Concrete Poems part 2

This is what the completed project looks like. They are so deliciously adorable! They had to use one or more poetic elements that we have learned about this year to write a poem five lines or more. Doesn't sound too hard, right? Believe me. I have many kids crying that it is sooooooooooooooooo hard and they don't know what to write. I will focus more on the rest of the class next week since I have many of the lowest kids done, or close to, after having my special help.

These are the elements they had to select from. Some will use several or all of them.
- Onomatopoeia
- Alliteration or consonance
- Rhyme
- Personification
- Metaphor
- Imagery

 

A. Rogers Apr 2011
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Thanks. He is the only one done. Only because I had to help him with the whole thing, but he did really well. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete