I believed and I felt. I felt and I knew. I knew and I saw.
~ myself

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Grateful for silly moments

Every time I take a group shot, it is requisite that I MUST take a silly shot. It is teacher rule #304. If you want the kids to cooperate and get in the picture, you must promise to let them have a silly shot too. Here you go....

A. Rogers Nov. 2011

We started a last-minute-perfect-idea-especially-because-teacher-didn't-have-to-spend-a-penny-project yesterday. Gratitude Wreaths. I cut the center out of paper plates, which I already had. Then I cut out a bazillion die cut leaves and had the kids use Sharpies (yay for Sharpies! They love them) to write one thing they were grateful for on each leaf. Then they had to cover the plate with leaves and an awesome parent came with fabric when I called at the last minute. We made little bows and I strung a piece of yarn through the top. The kids decorated with glitter (curse glitter, but they love it) today.

Everyone who came in the past two days (teachers, aides, secretaries, custodians) was in love with our Gratitude wreaths. I guess it will have to be a tradition, but the glitter - not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment