I believed and I felt. I felt and I knew. I knew and I saw.
~ myself

Monday, October 3, 2011

Reflections Fine Arts Competition

Today's Pictures of the Day are not spectacular shots, but they are cute, nonetheless. This year, I decided to do a class "quilt" for the Reflections competition. I have never done a class project for Reflections, but we were already learning about self esteem and self respect, accepting yourself the way you are, and such. We had already started a little art project where they draw a picture of themself and write, "I like being me because . . . ," and then I saw that the Reflections theme for this year was "Diversity Means . . ." and so I thought that we could easily turn it into a class project. Well, look how wonderfully it turned out, thanks to . . . moi. I have been working like crazy on this bad boy and I had it all put together then it was too big to go through the laminator, even if it was folded in half. So I had to cut it apart again, and then I decided to put it together like a tied quilt, rather than just retaping it. I think it turned out so cute.

A. Rogers Oct. 2011
Front of quilt

A. Rogers Oct. 2011
Back of quilt

Some close ups of individual "blocks."

A. Rogers Oct. 2011

A. Rogers Oct. 2011

A. Rogers Oct. 2011


2 comments:

  1. That turned out so cute! Good job teach! ;0D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! My hand hurts from that d@*! hole punch and the million holes I had to punch!

    ReplyDelete